Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rain on the Sun

Once in a while I experience something (a book, a video, or even a conversation with one of my fellow mortals) that completely floors me.  Makes me simply stop and try to comprehend the wonder, the scale of our world, our universe, and our amazing species--so violent and cruel yet so creative and capable of great things.  This video brought me to one of these moments, and I thought to share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ghaf2du-XM&feature=player_embedded

Okay, give me a few minutes to catch my breath...

2 comments:

  1. You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the Photographs and pictures of sun. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty impressive! According to Anthropologist Louis Leakey, humans didn't begin adorning themselves or their tools, instruments and homes until roughly 30,000 years ago. It is almost as if a switch in our brains was turned to "ON" and suddenly we began to practice embellishment and decoration. Of course we don't have any perfectly-preserved human specimens from that era, but I think that the art of the tattoo must have begun at about that time--what wonderful designs must have arisen.

      How intriguing that at about the same time in our (pre) history we began to record events in the skies such as close conjunctions of Venus and the Moon. We began to look outward from ourselves, to see the world around us.

      Delete