Thursday, June 21, 2018

Dock of the Bay...

A nice evening of "Long-Eye Liberty". The sun was setting as I set up the little 70mm 'scope on the bow to spend a couple of hours exploring the lunar terminator--that slowly moving line between day and night on the Moon. In the course of the session I was joined by three Shipmates--one of whom had never seen Luna through a telescope before--and took a few minutes to introduce them to our battered satellite's face in close-up, plus views of Jupiter and Saturn.

Alone again, I sought out a few globular clusters in Hercules and Ophiuchus. I closed down just after midnight and only a short time later was dozing-off in my bunk--I don't remember my dreams of last night but suspect that they were happy affairs involving calm waters, dark nights and stars wheeling overhead in a sea breeze.

 That works.

No comments:

Post a Comment