Monday, December 17, 2018

Writer's Block

It amazes me how a good, productive day can be utterly ruined by one cretin with a well-timed and pointless interruption. Case in point: I was rounding-out a successful Sunday of writing--feeling really good about what I'd accomplished on an essay that'd been on the burner for weeks--when the phone rang. It was a stupid person with a stupid problem and I had to walk him--slowly--through the solution. By the time I'd hung-up the phone my writing mojo had gone to Tahiti for an unscheduled rest-cure and I was left staring helplessly at the screen, trying to remember where the hell I was going with that particular paragraph. Not only is the rhythm of the essay broken but I'm left unsure of what exactly I was doing with it. Day destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment